Monday, October 1, 2012

Travel addiction. Part 4

I have experienced the happiest place on earth, and the most relaxing place on earth, whats next you say. Well it's the complete opposite of a cruise, no relaxing at all. It is none other than Sin City. I said you couldn't experience Disney World or Disneyland in three days, well Las Vegas is no different. I did two trips to Vegas within months. One trip was with my parents, the other with Jason. When I went with my parents, my mom and I had never been, and my father hadn't been for many years, so it was almost like his first time too.  We ended up staying at Circus Circus which is way down at one end of the strip near the Stratosphere.  For those who haven't been to vegas one of the major attractions is just walking down the strip looking at hotels. 


We spent the majority of our time walking up and down the strip going in and out of hotels looking at the different architecture as well as of course gambling, and shopping  It was incredible to see all the hotels and to see how they try and get you to come into there hotel to gamble, and shop with all sorts of gimmicks. Treasure Island  has a free show that happens every hour and a half starting at 5:30 pm. It's called Sirens of TI, a sexy pirate show. The Bellagio offers a fountain show every day from 3pm to midnight either every fifteen minutes or half hour. The show at the Bellagio offers people on the strip free entertainment of water, lights and music.  These are just two of the hotels on the strip, there are dozens of examples like this.

My first trip to Las Vegas was overwhelming. I felt like I did when I was a child going to Disney World for the first time. There is so much to see and do. I accomplished a little bit of shopping, a lot of walking and drinking, and tons of sightseeing in hotels. What I didn't get to do was go to any shows, famous restaurants or bars or any crazy rides. It was a great trip and little did I know at the time I would be back in a few months to do it all again.  When my adventures continue I am finally going on vacation with Jason. This is all leading up to the most amazing holiday I have ever had......








No comments:

Post a Comment