Monday, December 3, 2012

Switzerland


For this section of my blogs I will be changing it up. Instead of doing beers of the world I am now going to write about places I hope to eventually travel and what I want to do there!
Switzerland is a beautiful country filled with breathtaking mountain ranges and striking cities, untouched scenery, and picturesque towns. It is also a destination that can be enjoyed in the both the summer and the winter.  I would like to visit Switzerland in the winter, I think that the mountains would be absolutely breathtaking covered in snow.  I plan to vacation in Switzerland with my boyfriend, whose father is originally from the region. While we are there we will explore the remarkable country side and visit with his friends and family who still live in the area.

Picture of Chapel Bridge, Lucerne, Switzerland - The Kapellbruecke, Luzern, Die Schweiz - Free Pictures - FreeFoto.com
Photo Credit: Ian Britton

Now for the specifics of the trip!

I want to go on the Cogwheel Train to the Schynige Platte . This area is the starting point of many hikes through which you can enjoy the astounding scenery. I want to explore the wilderness and experience the raw beauty that comes from viewing 2/3 of all the alpine plants that reside in this small area.

I would also like to visit Charmey and the Gruyere Baths.   Their pools are filled with natural spring water and have many healing qualities. These pools are also extremely relaxing located in a small medieval style town, it even has a castle!

The last place that I know for sure I HAVE to see before I leave Switzerland (don’t worry I plan on doing a lot more than just this list!) is the viewing pulpit on Mount Harder. It is so exclusive the only way to get there is an 8 minute train ride, but boy will it be worth it.
Photo Credit: Adam
Switzerland is truly a stunning region filled with rich culture and cuisine. I cannot wait until I get to see it with my own eyes and experience all it has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment