Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Australia!

Photo Credit: Australian Flag
A huge influence in my life when I was in elementary was the show, Crocodile Hunter and its host Steve Irwin. Through the show I got to see so many different types of wildlife that I would have never even known existed had I just been left to learn from the animals native to Texas. As the show progressed and the types of wildlife varied Steve and the crew made their way across the glorious continent of Australia. Needless to say I fell in love with the wildlife, and with the interesting landscape.

I would love to visit Australia for a number of different reasons;

1) I need to go to the Australian Zoo! As the home of the Crocodile Hunter that would definitely be the starting point of my adventure. Having the experience of seeing all the animals previously covered on the show would be a dream come true, as long as they were at a comfortable distance!

2) Sea Life- Sydney Aquarium. After seeing all the reptiles and mammals of the animal kingdom at the zoo, I will be in serious need of an underwater fix! Observing the natural balance of the underwater ecosystem is always something I have been fascinated by, and what better way to learn about it than from a sea-locked country!

3) After visiting the aquarium it will be time for me to dive on in, literally! When I was 12 I went scuba diving in Jamaica and I absolutely loved it! And what better way to top it than experiencing the underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef! It is the world’s largest coral reef, and the only living thing able to be viewed from space! Getting to see this amazing ecosystem up close and personal would be absolutely astonishing.
Photo Credit: Sarah_Ackerman
 
Adventuring across Australia is something I have always wanted to do, and hopefully one day I will get the chance.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stephanie,

    Australia is a country that I have wanted to go to since I was little kid. Every time I would see a movie that took place in Australia it just seemed like the place to be. After reading your blog I think ill have to add those attractions to my list if I ever make it down there. Good luck and hopefully one day you will get to experience all that Australia has to offer.

    Mateo

    ReplyDelete