Thursday, November 1, 2012

Travel Gear Review: ViaRail 28” Expandable Upright Suitcase


4.5 out of 5

A great value!

“Good luggage” has become a synonym for “Expensive luggage.”  Decent 28-inch upright suitcases often cost $150-$400. When I needed a new suitcase recently, I was bracing to shell out some big bucks….then I found this $70 gem!

While this suitcase is not made of any high-tech space-age material, its polycord material is both durable and relatively lightweight. I lugged it all over the Tube in London this summer, so I know it can take a beating!
My favourite aspect of this suitcase actually is the styling! The subtle green colour is a nice touch, and I love the embossed maple leaf on each side! It shows some Canadian patriotism without being too “in your face!” Such touches also make this suitcase easier to spot coming off a baggage carousel .




O Canada!

If you love buying souvenirs when you travel, you’ll dig how this suitcase is expandable in the main compartment by a few inches. The main compartment is bare-bones, with a typical mesh compartment up top, and a small side bag that clips in, intended for small items and toiletries.

In terms of maneuverability, this suitcase does have typical inline-skate wheels that do not swivel. They are decent, but I would appreciate a 360-degree range of motion.

Overall, I think this suitcase is a great value for any traveler needing good, inexpensive luggage that will last!

No comments:

Post a Comment