Thursday, November 8, 2012

Amy and I's Summer Getaway




Sorrento, BC 


This summer, my best friend Amy and I decided to go on a week long trip to visit her grandparents in Sorrento, BC.   Sorrento is located between Salmon Arm and Kamloops, on Shuswap Lake.  It is well known for it's breath taking scenery, and its water activities, such as swimming, boating, fishing, water skiing, sea-doing, etc.  Amy has visited her grandparents every summer since I met her in grade eight, and finally, after four years, I was able to accompany her.  

Shuswap Lake. Photo taken by me.
Amy's grandparents live in a retirement community, located right on the lake.  It was the coolest thing to look outside their window, to see the magnificent blue sky, the puffy white clouds, the mountains, the lush green trees, and the crystal blue water.

Retirement Community. Photo taken by me.

Out trip started off with us boarding the Greyhound Bus, due to the fact that neither one of our parents wanted us to drive.  The bus ride was eight hours on the way there, and nine hours on the way back, but overall, the drive wasn't nearly as painful as we thought it would be.  We both got a lot of reading done, and caught up on some sleep.  

Photo of Amy and I on the Greyhound Bus, taken by me.
For the next seven days, we just relaxed, spent quality time together, and did some fun activities.  Her grandparents were extremely kind, and welcoming people.  They made us dinner every night, and often drove us into town or to a public beach, so that we could scope out good-looking boys.  They also drove us into town once, so that we could go to Tim Horton's, and do some shopping.  We also played countless board games with her grandparents, my favorite being a marble game.

Photo of me in front of the bus, taken by Amy.
Sorrento, BC is a must see place, for a variety of reasons.  First of all, it is on the shore of Shuswap Lake ... so it is absolutely gorgeous.  Seeing the sun come up in the morning, and go down in the evening was beautiful.  Also there are countless activities you can do there.

Here are some great actives that Amy and I did while in Sorrento:
Fireworks on Canada day. Photo taken by me.
  • Visiting the petting zoo in Salmon Arm.
  • Seeing the Canada Day fireworks (if you are in Sorrento around that time).  
  • Water tubing.
  • Sea-doing.
  • Swimming (of course)!
  • Fishing.
  • Sun-tanning.
  • Cliff jumping.

Us on the dock. Photo taken by me.
Me: the farmer. Amy: my wife. Photo taken by me at the corn maze/petting zoo/farmers market.


Amy driving a tractor. Photo taken by me.
Us tubing. Photo taken by me.



No comments:

Post a Comment