Thursday, November 1, 2012

SE Asia: Thailand


http://kylereed.com/Pictures/China/
Photo under CCL
SE Asia is on the top of my bucket list of places to visit in the next five years. I know so many people who have travelled to this corner of the world and I have heard nothing but great things about it. The people, the food, the accommodations and cheap prices make this an attractive place for any student on a tight budget like myself. The four countries that I want to visit while I am in southeastern Asia would have to be Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos.

I am still debating on whether I should go on a student tour so I can get to see everything in all four of these countries or just go on a free for all adventure with a couple of buddies. Going on a tour is great because you get to see all the things that the country has to offer but it usually requires you to be on a tight schedule. Where as travelling with a couple of buddies you can go where you want when you want and basically go with the flow of the trip.

http://www.fotopedia.com/items/motoaki-8b8555bb2c57883770204a6eeb1c1d50
Photo by: Motoaki Okubo 

The first place that I would like to travel to would have to be Thailand. I would spend the first couple of days in Bangkok and get the experience of the crazy city. After watching the Hangover 2 this city looks like a must visit. One of my first stops in Bangkok would have to be at the floating market in "Damnoen Saduak" which is less than an hour outside of the city center. It would be a very neat experience to be driving a boat through a market like setting while buying goods off merchants who are on small boats as well.  


http://www.yihzy.com/cgal/displayimage-82-36.html
Photo by: Yih Zy
After going to the floating market I would make it my next priority to go see a Muay Thai Kickboxing fight in Bangkok. Muay Thai originated in Thailand and it would be a great experience to see the best in world duke it out in a ring. I have a friend who went to Bangkok for 2 months to practice Muay Thai and he said it was the best experience he has ever had physically and spiritually. Since I am also a die hard Mixed Martial Arts fan and I have always had an interest in Muay Thai I believe that this would be awesome sight to see. 


http://photozou.jp/photo/show/262775/25197141
Photo by: Kolisu

After getting the full tour of Bangkok I would like to see some other areas of Thailand. I would  like to visit some of the more ancient cities such as Ayutthaya which looks like an amazing cities with fascinating structures. I would then make my way down to Pattaya which is know to be one of the craziest party cities in Thailand. It would be quite the experience to see the Pattaya in full force but maybe only for one night. I would then make sure to plan my trip appropriately so i could go to the island of Koh Phangan to experience the Full Moon party. I have heard many great things about it and I think I would really enjoy the experience. 



This is Part 1 of my SE Asia blog series, stayed connected for more upcoming blogs. I would also like to know if anyone else has been to SE Asia and what their experience was like? Any recommendations on sites to see or place to go would be great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment