Thursday, November 8, 2012

Dream Destination: Ireland

I have not yet had the privilege of traveling oversees, however when I do, my number one destination spot has always been Ireland. Of course I want to travel the world one day, but I would love to explore the lush green island off the west coast of Europe. I have no family history in Ireland, but from everything I have seen and heard about it, it seems like an amazing country to visit. The history of the island has always intrigued me, as history, specifically art history, has always been a passion of mine. 
Cliffs of Moher - Image courtesy of destination360

Dunluce Castle - Image courtesy of North Coast Golf Tours
I love the idea of a country with so much character and history, complimented by breathtaking landscapes. The world is a beautiful place, especially when left to its own devices. Natural beauty is something I highly value, and I would love to experience all types of natural wonders around the globe. The Cliffs of Moher (pictured on the left) are one of these natural destinations I long to visit, reaching hundred on meters in the air. These cliffs are home to over 30,000 birds (20 various species) and are also an important geological site.
Another part of Ireland I wish to experience has to do with their architecture from the middle ages and beyond. The Gaelic country is known for the hundred of castles it is home to, varying in condition from ruins to pristine.

For a country not only known for their rich culture, interesting history, as well as the kindness of their people, it has always appealed to me. I hope to travel to Ireland once I graduate, and then continue on to visit as much of Europe as possible. Once that trip is over, my plan is to eventually tour Asia, another diverse area with intriguing history and fascinating culture.

Now that you have read all about my dream destination, what are some of the places on the top of your travel wish-list??

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I actually just started a travel bucket list (my last blog post), and I didn't even think about Ireland. These pictures are beautiful, and I'm sure they are not even doing any justice. How cool would it be to sleep in a castle?! Check out this website (http://www.discoverireland.com/us/campaigns/offers/accommodation/) for castle accommodations. Might be worth saving a bit more just to stay one night in a luxury castle when you get to Ireland!

    I also heard music festivals are amazing there. I bet the locals put on a great show down there.

    ReplyDelete