Thursday, November 1, 2012

Beers of the World, United Kingdom! Pt. 2- Ireland



Welcome to... IRELAND!

Photo Credit: Ian Britton

 
In Ireland I am going to focus on one beer that has completely dominated the scene, Guinness. Living here in Canada I have some well cultured friends with expensive beverage tastes, and a lot of them love Guinness and drink it regularly. However to be honest I didn’t know Guinness was from Ireland or that it was imported, embarrassing I know.  But let’s get past my own lack of knowledge and continue on into more educated territory, for this one I’m learning right along with you!

Photo Credit: Mikelo
 

                                To begin let’s start with some fun Wikipedia facts, did you know that:

1.       In 1914 Guinness was the largest brewery in the world! (covering 64 acres)
 AND
 2.       It is STILL the largest brewer of stout in the world!

Pretty cool stuff if I do say so myself.


Photo Credit: Orford Piece
Okay, okay onto their beer. According to Wikipedia (man I just LOVE that site…) Guinness Draught is one the most successful beer brands worldwide and is the bestselling alcoholic drink in Ireland ever, and if you don’t know anything about the Irish that is saying a lot! Guinness is sold in cans and bottles and kegs in their various styles and tastes around the world.  To learn more about Guinness and their brand and beer visit their website http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/en/Index.aspx.

No comments:

Post a Comment